Miami Moms Ask: How Long Should I Wait Post-Pregnancy Before Having a Mommy Makeover?
Motherhood will change your life in many ways. Unfortunately, it will also change your body. Breasts that were once full and firm may become smaller and the breasts can sag. Stomachs are never quite as toned or as flat as they once were, even with regular exercise. Here are the ways your body can change during pregnancy:
- Stretch marks
- Stretching of the abdominal skin and muscles
- Changes in breast shape and size
- Loss of elasticity in breast skin
- Stubborn pockets of residual fat
- Varicose veins or spider veins
- Changes in skin health
From sagging breasts to stretch marks and loose tummy skin, your post-baby body can be a real hit to your self-esteem. Many moms experience frustration and depression over these body changes, and in many cases, these changes are permanent unless surgery is done to correct them.
A Mommy Makeover Can Help
A mommy makeover could be the answer you’ve been looking for. A mommy makeover is a combination of plastic surgery procedures that are designed to get your pre-baby body back. These surgical procedures focus on the areas of the body that are most commonly affected by pregnancy. And since no two mommies are alike, you can customize the procedures to fit your individual needs.
A mommy makeover can involve any number of surgical procedures that are right for you, including:
- Tummy tuck – Pregnancy can cause the abdominal wall muscles to stretch and separate. A tummy tuck will tighten the abdominal muscles and skin.
- Liposuction – Hormonal changes during pregnancy can cause stubborn pockets of fat. Liposuction will help to remove these fat deposits and contour your body.
- Breast augmentation – You can add breast implants for fuller breasts.
- Breast lift – A breast lift can fix sagging breasts, giving you a more desirable shape.
A mommy makeover is a perfect way to address all of your body issues in a single surgery. This way, you would only have to go under anesthesia once, and you would have a single recovery and downtime.
How Long Should You Wait to Have a Mommy Makeover?
It is understandable that after giving birth you are anxious to get your pre-baby body back. But how long should you wait before having a mommy makeover?
Your body needs time to recover after giving birth. You should be done breastfeeding before getting a mommy makeover. You should also be done having children before undergoing a mommy makeover. That’s because future pregnancies will bring new body changes that could undo the results of your mommy makeover.
To find out if a mommy makeover is right for you, contact us for more information or to schedule a consultation. Dr. Paul Afrooz, MD has offices in Miami and Boca Raton, Florida, serving residents of Miami, Boca Raton, Deerfield Beach, Delray Beach and Fort Lauderdale.