WHAT IS A MID-FACELIFT?
A mid-facelift is a cosmetic surgery that corrects sagging skin in the mid-face and tightens the skin in this area. It provides the face with a younger-looking appearance and reduces the sunken look in the under-eye area that comes with age. A mid-facelift only targets the mid-face region.
WHAT ARE THE BENEFITS OF A MID-FACELIFT?
A mid-facelift is a highly effective rejuvenating surgery and can create massive benefits for your appearance. Some of the benefits of mid-facelift are as follows:
- Defined, tighter, younger-looking cheeks
- Less puffy eyes
- Less prominent nasolabial folds
- More open and alert eyes
- Younger-looking appearance overall
WHAT DOES A LOWER FACELIFT ADDRESS?
- Loose neck skin
- Poorly defined jawline
- Wrinkles, folds, and creases
- Downturned corners of the mouth
WHAT ARE THE RISKS OF A MID-FACELIFT?
A mid-facelift is a safe and effective surgical procedure when performed by an experienced surgeon like Dr. Afrooz. It is very rare that complications could occur. Some potential risks include:
- Blood clots
- Facial paralysis
- Adverse reactions to anesthesia
WHO IS A GOOD CANDIDATE TO RECEIVE A MID-FACELIFT?
If you are an adult in good health and you are looking to correct sagging cheek skin and loose skin around your eyes to restore a younger look to your overall facial appearance, you may be a good candidate for a mid-facelift. You must also have realistic expectations for the outcome of the surgery. If any of the following conditions apply to you, you may not be a good candidate for a mid-facelift:
- You are currently pregnant or nursing.
- You smoke.
- You have a history of heart or pulmonary issues, as these can create complications with the anesthesia.