Gravity, the skin losing its elasticity, and volume loss associated with age can make your face appear older than it is. To help slow down or reverse the effects of aging, you may be considering facial plastic surgery, such as a facelift or a brow lift. But how do you choose which is the correct procedure for you?
While both facial rejuvenation procedures will restore your youthful appearance, the exact aspects that you want to refine are what will determine which surgery would best meet your needs. The brow lift targets the upper part of the face, including the eyebrows and forehead. A facelift removes excess skin and eliminates wrinkles in the lower two-thirds of the face, such as the lower cheeks, chin, and neck. These procedures can be combined to help eliminate aging signs and increase your overall confidence.
Brow lift benefits
If your aging concerns are associated with the upper portion of your face, such as the eyebrows and forehead, a brow lift may be your answer. A brow lift can do the following:
- Soften forehead wrinkles, Crow’s Feet, and expression lines
- Relax furrowed brows
- Lift sagging brows
- Raise upper eyelids to appear more awake and wide-eyed
When you choose a brow lift, you also get:
- Improved facial expression to better show your genuine emotions
- A more youthful and alert appearance
- Improved vision by correcting extreme eyebrow drooping that obstructs your vision
You might be wary of considering a facelift because of the “pulled” facial appearance you’ve seen resulting from the procedure. Rest assured that the results of modern facelift procedures are far more natural-looking and customizable to your aesthetic goals than they once were! If your aging concerns are associated with your lower face, a facelift will likely be the best procedure for you.
Facelift benefits include improvements in the following:
- Sagging jowls
- Loose neck muscles
- Wrinkles on the lower face and neck
- Creases on your nasolabial folds
- Overall facial contour
Which is right for me?
When choosing between a facelift and a brow lift, consider the following:
- Full facelifts treat the lower third of the face. It’s best if most of your wrinkles and creases are located below your nose, the neck area, or around the jowls.
- Brow lifts treat the upper third of the face and are a better option for patients with harsh lines in the forehead or sagging eyebrows.
- Brow lifts take an average of two weeks to recover, while a complete facelift can take up to one month to recover fully.
Brow lifts are done endoscopically, which is less invasive and involves fewer incisions, minimal scarring, and less swelling. Most brow lift patients can return to non-strenuous work in ten days and can exercise in thirty.
Facelifts are performed on an outpatient basis with as few incisions as possible to reduce visible scarring. You’ll see full results after six months, but if you combine a brow lift with your facelift, recovery and final results may take more time.
Dr. Afrooz can help you decide which is best for you
Dr. Paul N. Afrooz has a passionate and dedicated approach to facial rejuvenation surgery, including brow and facelifts, and is known for his remarkable expertise. As one of Miami’s top facial plastic surgeons, he lends his dedication and skill to every surgery and is proud to play a role in his patients’ enhanced life experience.
If you are considering a facial surgery procedure, contact us today to schedule a consultation or learn more. Dr. Paul N. Afrooz is one of the most highly respected surgeons in the rhinoplasty community and is exceptionally talented in performing a full array of facial surgery procedures. We welcome patients from Miami, Deerfield Beach, Delray Beach, Fort Lauderdale, and Boca Raton areas of South Florida.